Wymondham High Academy pupils triumph in national photography contest for young people
- Credit: Archant
Two students in Wymondham have triumphed in a national photography competition.
Paula Averkamp, a year 12 fine art student at Wymondham High Academy, submitted three photographs into the Rotary Young Photographer contest, which had 220 entrants.
She progressed through local and district level, and last week found that her photographs, based around the theme of reflection, won the national contest.
Her success was shared by fellow pupil Gabriel Guilfoyle, a year nine photography student, whose three photographs received a highly commended from the national judges.
Both, who were put forward by the Rotary Club of Norwich, have now been invited to attend an awards presentation at the Norwich University of the Arts in June to celebrate their success.
You may also want to watch:
Rotary International in Britain organises several competitions for young people, including young musician and young writer.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 3 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote