Heritage Society launches new season of events
- Credit: Simon Bamber
On Thursday, January 25 from 7.30pm Wymondham Heritage Society will launch its new season with a social evening at the Fairland Hall.
A varied programme of talks has been lined up for this year's monthly meetings, with highlights including talks on the history of Norfolk's village signs and Ethel Gooch, Wymondham's First Lady.
On Wednesday, July 18 there will be an outing to Sutton Hoo, the famous Anglo-Saxon archaeological site near Woodbridge, for which bookings can be made January's meeting.
All Heritage Society members receive free entry to the Wymondham Heritage Museum and regular editions of the society's newsletter, which contains features of local interest.
New members can join at the meeting or by contacting the membership officer Sue Edes on 01953 602107, evenings only or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Subscriptions are £12 for single membership or £18 for families. Non-members (£2) are welcome at any meeting.
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 New Norfolk Trail could 'attract more money' into market town
- 10 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11