Heritage Society launches new season of events
- Credit: Simon Bamber
On Thursday, January 25 from 7.30pm Wymondham Heritage Society will launch its new season with a social evening at the Fairland Hall.
A varied programme of talks has been lined up for this year's monthly meetings, with highlights including talks on the history of Norfolk's village signs and Ethel Gooch, Wymondham's First Lady.
On Wednesday, July 18 there will be an outing to Sutton Hoo, the famous Anglo-Saxon archaeological site near Woodbridge, for which bookings can be made January's meeting.
All Heritage Society members receive free entry to the Wymondham Heritage Museum and regular editions of the society's newsletter, which contains features of local interest.
New members can join at the meeting or by contacting the membership officer Sue Edes on 01953 602107, evenings only or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Subscriptions are £12 for single membership or £18 for families. Non-members (£2) are welcome at any meeting.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards