Heritage Society launches new season of events
- Credit: Simon Bamber
On Thursday, January 25 from 7.30pm Wymondham Heritage Society will launch its new season with a social evening at the Fairland Hall.
A varied programme of talks has been lined up for this year's monthly meetings, with highlights including talks on the history of Norfolk's village signs and Ethel Gooch, Wymondham's First Lady.
On Wednesday, July 18 there will be an outing to Sutton Hoo, the famous Anglo-Saxon archaeological site near Woodbridge, for which bookings can be made January's meeting.
All Heritage Society members receive free entry to the Wymondham Heritage Museum and regular editions of the society's newsletter, which contains features of local interest.
New members can join at the meeting or by contacting the membership officer Sue Edes on 01953 602107, evenings only or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Subscriptions are £12 for single membership or £18 for families. Non-members (£2) are welcome at any meeting.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary