Roofing firm pledges £10k to EACH nook appeal
- Credit: Archant
A Wymondham company that helped build the roof of Norfolk's new children's hospice has been so inspired it is now also set to cover some of the fundraising too.
Aspect Group Services was involved in work on the recently completed roof at the new £10 million 'nook' hospice complex in Framingham Earl.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) is replacing its current Norfolk base in Quidenham and hopes the new building will be ready by summer.
The charity still has to raise another £1.2 million of its £10 million public appeal total and Aspect Group Services has signed up to the nook business network and pledged to raise at least £10,000.
Company director Matthew Dillon said: 'As an established Norfolk business we're delighted to support such an important and worthwhile local concern.
You may also want to watch:
'We've long been aware of the integral service to children and their families that EACH provides in the Norfolk area. For Aspect Group Services, being in a position to utilise our roofing expertise, both in practical terms with our work at the nook as well as with our fundraising pledge as a corporate sponsor - well, it is our absolute pleasure and privilege.
'We already have a team of intrepid staff committed to doing the Three Peaks Challenge later this year and we're excited to take on other fundraising activities to help us smash our £10k target in support of the vital and difficult work EACH undertakes.'
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 5 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 'Worrying' numbers had access to data centres holding confidential info
EACH launched its Nook appeal in 2014, to replace its loved but tired facility at Quidenham. The new site will include more areas for clinical care, a hydrotherapy pool, state-of-the-art sensory room, larger en-suite bedrooms and therapy rooms - across one floor.
The nook business network sees companies committing to raise either £10,000, £15,000 or £25,000 in exchange for various benefits and support. It currently boasts 40 members.
Mike Hatton, EACH Norfolk corporate fundraising assistant, said: 'We're always delighted to welcome a new member to the nook business network, but this is a particularly exciting addition as Aspect Group Services have been working on the very building the network exists to raise money for.'
Aspect Group Services was established in 1972. Its workforce of 120 travel 150,000 miles a year, covering 3,000 roofs using 4.5 million tiles.