Blitz Ball offers night of nostalgia and dance
- Credit: Archant
A night of nostalgia and dance has been promised at The Blitz Ball on Saturday, September 1.
Held at Wymondham ex-Services Club on Friarscroft Lane from 7.30pm, it will feature live music by the King Size Papas band and will be hosted by dance teacher Donna Poole.
Organisers are encouraging people to dress up in their favourite 1940s outfit for the occasion, and be photographed by Belinda Buxton.
Suzanne Nuri-Nixon, of Wymondham Town Team who are organising the event, said everyone is welcome whether they know how to dance or not.
She said: 'This promises to be a night of nostalgia and a chance for people to learn how to dance 1940s style with our dance teacher Donna.
You may also want to watch:
There's also the chance to see the King Size Papas who are well known in Norfolk.
Tickets are £12 plus booking fees and available at www.billetto.co.uk and searching The Blitz Ball.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation