Archery range opens at new rugby football club grounds
- Credit: Picture: DN Tonnison
A new year-round archery range has opened in Wymondham.
Wymondham Archers have partnered up with Wymondham Rugby Football Club to use their new multi-million pound clubhouse and grounds.
Peter Hill, Archers chairman, said: 'We have been very fortunate to rent from the club a three-metre by 66-metre outdoor range. We are very excited and we had a lovely time.
'We have found that archery brings people of all ages from around eight to 80 years. The sport lends itself to gentle social contact, to learn the art of an ancient and noble tradition while being part of a family friendly club.'
Members and non-members were invited to the have-a-go session on Saturday, October 27.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Archers runs four-week beginners courses 11 months a year, with the one starting November 7. For more information email email@example.com
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed