Archery range opens at new rugby football club grounds
- Credit: Picture: DN Tonnison
A new year-round archery range has opened in Wymondham.
Wymondham Archers have partnered up with Wymondham Rugby Football Club to use their new multi-million pound clubhouse and grounds.
Peter Hill, Archers chairman, said: 'We have been very fortunate to rent from the club a three-metre by 66-metre outdoor range. We are very excited and we had a lovely time.
'We have found that archery brings people of all ages from around eight to 80 years. The sport lends itself to gentle social contact, to learn the art of an ancient and noble tradition while being part of a family friendly club.'
Members and non-members were invited to the have-a-go session on Saturday, October 27.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Archers runs four-week beginners courses 11 months a year, with the one starting November 7. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road