Archery range opens at new rugby football club grounds
- Credit: Picture: DN Tonnison
A new year-round archery range has opened in Wymondham.
Wymondham Archers have partnered up with Wymondham Rugby Football Club to use their new multi-million pound clubhouse and grounds.
Peter Hill, Archers chairman, said: 'We have been very fortunate to rent from the club a three-metre by 66-metre outdoor range. We are very excited and we had a lovely time.
'We have found that archery brings people of all ages from around eight to 80 years. The sport lends itself to gentle social contact, to learn the art of an ancient and noble tradition while being part of a family friendly club.'
Members and non-members were invited to the have-a-go session on Saturday, October 27.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Archers runs four-week beginners courses 11 months a year, with the one starting November 7. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today