New Year, new challenge - Hundreds take part in Wymondham AC 10k run on New Years Day
- Credit: Kim Bennett
Hundreds of runners beat the Monday blues and kicked off their New Year with the Wymondham AC 10k run.
The sold-out race on January 1 began in Lady's Lane at 10.30am, winding through the countryside before looping back into Wymondham.
Taking part in the race were Kim Bennett, Miranda Taylor and Sarah Heatley, all teachers from Water Babies Norfolk.
The trio took up the first opportunity of the year to train for the London Landmarks Half Marathon in March, to raise more money for children's charity Tommy's after raising £28,500 last year.
Kim Bennett said: 'It's great to get involved in local sporting events and have some goals to work towards.
You may also want to watch:
'As working mothers we appreciate this time as our time and even better to do it with your team mates. This is our third year running this race and it sets us up nicely as a really positive way to start our year.'
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes