New Year, new challenge - Hundreds take part in Wymondham AC 10k run on New Years Day
- Credit: Kim Bennett
Hundreds of runners beat the Monday blues and kicked off their New Year with the Wymondham AC 10k run.
The sold-out race on January 1 began in Lady's Lane at 10.30am, winding through the countryside before looping back into Wymondham.
Taking part in the race were Kim Bennett, Miranda Taylor and Sarah Heatley, all teachers from Water Babies Norfolk.
The trio took up the first opportunity of the year to train for the London Landmarks Half Marathon in March, to raise more money for children's charity Tommy's after raising £28,500 last year.
Kim Bennett said: 'It's great to get involved in local sporting events and have some goals to work towards.
You may also want to watch:
'As working mothers we appreciate this time as our time and even better to do it with your team mates. This is our third year running this race and it sets us up nicely as a really positive way to start our year.'
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions