New Year, new challenge - Hundreds take part in Wymondham AC 10k run on New Years Day
- Credit: Kim Bennett
Hundreds of runners beat the Monday blues and kicked off their New Year with the Wymondham AC 10k run.
The sold-out race on January 1 began in Lady's Lane at 10.30am, winding through the countryside before looping back into Wymondham.
Taking part in the race were Kim Bennett, Miranda Taylor and Sarah Heatley, all teachers from Water Babies Norfolk.
The trio took up the first opportunity of the year to train for the London Landmarks Half Marathon in March, to raise more money for children's charity Tommy's after raising £28,500 last year.
Kim Bennett said: 'It's great to get involved in local sporting events and have some goals to work towards.
You may also want to watch:
'As working mothers we appreciate this time as our time and even better to do it with your team mates. This is our third year running this race and it sets us up nicely as a really positive way to start our year.'
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school