Wymondham 10K: Hundreds of runners start new year in style as Tripp and Watkinson taste success
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Nearly 700 runners shrugged off the excesses of the festive season to take part in the Wymondham 10K on New Year's Day.
Suffolk athlete Alex Tripp took victory with a new personal best of 31:46, well ahead of any of his rivals. Deestriders' Steve Hayes was second in 32:54 with Kirk Bagge, now competing for the City of Norwich AC after recently leaving Wymondham AC, third in 34:12 - a new PB.
Wymondham AC's Juliette Watkinson, who won the Sportlink Grand Prix Series last year, won the women's event as she broke 38 minutes for the first time, coming home in 37:43.
Charlotte Neale (North Norfolk Beach Runners) was second in 38:10, taking two seconds off her personal best set at least year's event, whilst Lauren Howe (CoNAC) was third in 38:15 (new PB).
A total of 662 runners took part in the event, organised by Wymondham AC.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
- 10 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham