Wymondham 10K: Hundreds of runners start new year in style as Tripp and Watkinson taste success
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Nearly 700 runners shrugged off the excesses of the festive season to take part in the Wymondham 10K on New Year's Day.
Suffolk athlete Alex Tripp took victory with a new personal best of 31:46, well ahead of any of his rivals. Deestriders' Steve Hayes was second in 32:54 with Kirk Bagge, now competing for the City of Norwich AC after recently leaving Wymondham AC, third in 34:12 - a new PB.
Wymondham AC's Juliette Watkinson, who won the Sportlink Grand Prix Series last year, won the women's event as she broke 38 minutes for the first time, coming home in 37:43.
Charlotte Neale (North Norfolk Beach Runners) was second in 38:10, taking two seconds off her personal best set at least year's event, whilst Lauren Howe (CoNAC) was third in 38:15 (new PB).
A total of 662 runners took part in the event, organised by Wymondham AC.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Primary pupils thrilled by book donation
- 2 Cattle farmers and butchers create super-local food chain
- 3 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 4 Cyclists set for 112-mile night ride in aid of 'always happy' Olivia, 7
- 5 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould