Wymondham 10K: Hundreds of runners start new year in style as Tripp and Watkinson taste success
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Nearly 700 runners shrugged off the excesses of the festive season to take part in the Wymondham 10K on New Year's Day.
Suffolk athlete Alex Tripp took victory with a new personal best of 31:46, well ahead of any of his rivals. Deestriders' Steve Hayes was second in 32:54 with Kirk Bagge, now competing for the City of Norwich AC after recently leaving Wymondham AC, third in 34:12 - a new PB.
Wymondham AC's Juliette Watkinson, who won the Sportlink Grand Prix Series last year, won the women's event as she broke 38 minutes for the first time, coming home in 37:43.
Charlotte Neale (North Norfolk Beach Runners) was second in 38:10, taking two seconds off her personal best set at least year's event, whilst Lauren Howe (CoNAC) was third in 38:15 (new PB).
A total of 662 runners took part in the event, organised by Wymondham AC.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 4 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published