Wymondham 10K: Hundreds of runners start new year in style as Tripp and Watkinson taste success
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Nearly 700 runners shrugged off the excesses of the festive season to take part in the Wymondham 10K on New Year's Day.
Suffolk athlete Alex Tripp took victory with a new personal best of 31:46, well ahead of any of his rivals. Deestriders' Steve Hayes was second in 32:54 with Kirk Bagge, now competing for the City of Norwich AC after recently leaving Wymondham AC, third in 34:12 - a new PB.
Wymondham AC's Juliette Watkinson, who won the Sportlink Grand Prix Series last year, won the women's event as she broke 38 minutes for the first time, coming home in 37:43.
Charlotte Neale (North Norfolk Beach Runners) was second in 38:10, taking two seconds off her personal best set at least year's event, whilst Lauren Howe (CoNAC) was third in 38:15 (new PB).
A total of 662 runners took part in the event, organised by Wymondham AC.
- 1 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 2 Stunning images of Norfolk's 'Wolf Moon'
- 3 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 4 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 7 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days
- 8 Town rocked by shooting of former mayor
- 9 Teen to stand trial accused of sexual assault
- 10 Cowboy builder Kyle Muir admits fleecing customers out of £48,300