Do you recognise anyone in this 1979 Hethersett photo? We’re trying to track them down
- Credit: Archant
A group of former pupils are using the power of social media to track down their old class mates and recreate a school photo taken 40 years ago.
When a photo of the 1979 reception class of Hethersett Woodside Infant and Nursery School appeared on Facebook, former class member Stephen Fulcher said he was inspired to organise a reunion.
Now an employee at Fulcher Coachtrimmers in Hethersett, Mr Fulcher said seeing the photo brought memories flooding back.
He said: 'It's nice to look back on simpler and more innocent times.
'I was surprised by how many names I remembered.'
You may also want to watch:
The photo shows the group of 32 pupils, then around six-years-old, posing with their class teacher Mrs Mumford.
Mr Fulcher said he had been put in touch with the former teacher via an old friend and that she was happy to be involved in recreating the snap.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
The now 46-year-old former pupil created a Facebook group to track down the rest of the class, with a list of names compiled by other members.
So far all but two of the faces have been identified, with 15 confirmed as attending the reunion, with one ex-pupil travelling all the way from Canada.
But Mr Fulcher said the group was keen to find the remaining 17 class members for a 'full-house' photograph in summer 2019.
Although an official date has not been set, the Salhouse coach trimmer said summer would be the ideal time frame as the original photo was taken at the end of the 1979 school term.
Do you recognise a face in the photo? Get in contact with Stephen Fulcher via the reunion Facebook page.
Send your old photos and their stories to firstname.lastname@example.org and check out our nostalgia supplement every Tuesday in the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News.