Win, 100, keeps partying on!
IT was a full day of partying for Win Moore of Attleborough, who celebrated her 100th birthday on Sunday.Win was born in Norwich in 1908, but spent most of her life in Great Yarmouth and Bradwell, where she still keeps in touch with many friends.
IT was a full day of partying for Win Moore of Attleborough, who celebrated her 100th birthday on Sunday.
Win was born in Norwich in 1908, but spent most of her life in Great Yarmouth and Bradwell, where she still keeps in touch with many friends.
She moved to Attleborough eight years ago to be near her daughter and son-in-law.
A lifetime churchgoer, Win started her birthday by attending St Mary's Church to receive holy communion, and at the end of the service the Rev Alinda Woodrow presented Win with
You may also want to watch:
her special birthday message from the Queen.
This was followed by cake and bubbly with all her friends at the church.
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
Her family then took Win to her favourite restaurant - No. 24 at Wymondham for Sunday lunch - after which the staff presented her with a
flower arrangement and a chocolate cake. Win has always had a passion for chocolate.
Then it was back to Attleborough and Fairland House, where Win now lives, and a tea party given by the staff and residents for Win and her family. Fairland House now boasts three residents over 100 years old.
Win was joined by many of her friends from Holly Court where she had lived for over seven years.