Win, 100, keeps partying on!
IT was a full day of partying for Win Moore of Attleborough, who celebrated her 100th birthday on Sunday.Win was born in Norwich in 1908, but spent most of her life in Great Yarmouth and Bradwell, where she still keeps in touch with many friends.
IT was a full day of partying for Win Moore of Attleborough, who celebrated her 100th birthday on Sunday.
Win was born in Norwich in 1908, but spent most of her life in Great Yarmouth and Bradwell, where she still keeps in touch with many friends.
She moved to Attleborough eight years ago to be near her daughter and son-in-law.
A lifetime churchgoer, Win started her birthday by attending St Mary's Church to receive holy communion, and at the end of the service the Rev Alinda Woodrow presented Win with
You may also want to watch:
her special birthday message from the Queen.
This was followed by cake and bubbly with all her friends at the church.
- 1 Primary pupils thrilled by book donation
- 2 Cattle farmers and butchers create super-local food chain
- 3 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
- 6 Cyclists set for 112-mile night ride in aid of 'always happy' Olivia, 7
- 7 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 Son reveals smoke detectors failed in blaze that killed town crier
- 10 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
Her family then took Win to her favourite restaurant - No. 24 at Wymondham for Sunday lunch - after which the staff presented her with a
flower arrangement and a chocolate cake. Win has always had a passion for chocolate.
Then it was back to Attleborough and Fairland House, where Win now lives, and a tea party given by the staff and residents for Win and her family. Fairland House now boasts three residents over 100 years old.
Win was joined by many of her friends from Holly Court where she had lived for over seven years.