Wedding dress day helps Paris trip
Office staff at an Attleborough special school are planning to wear their wedding dresses to work to raise money for a £20,000 appeal to take children on a trip to Paris.
OFFICE staff at an Attleborough special school are planning to wear their wedding dresses to work to raise money for a £20,000 appeal to take children on a trip to Paris.
The quartet from Chapel Road School in Attleborough have
also dared each other to parade through the town in their finery when they hold the fundraiser
You may also want to watch:
"We are going to dig out our dresses and ask for people to sponsor us, and I'm going
on a diet to get into mine," said Sue Webster, who has joined
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
the staff "fat club" to bring
in extra cash for the appeal.
"The school is trying to raise £20,000 to take our pupils to take a trip to Euro Disney during the latter part of this year. We have raised £1,391.64 so far since November 2007.
"We do have other events in the pipeline, including an auction or promises evening which is due
to take place in the spring,"
Parents have rallied to the cause, including Nick and Paula Cardy who held a Christmas dance at Great Hockham village hall. They will be presenting
the school with a cheque for
£780 at a special assembly tomorrow.