Wedding dress day helps Paris trip
Office staff at an Attleborough special school are planning to wear their wedding dresses to work to raise money for a £20,000 appeal to take children on a trip to Paris.
OFFICE staff at an Attleborough special school are planning to wear their wedding dresses to work to raise money for a £20,000 appeal to take children on a trip to Paris.
The quartet from Chapel Road School in Attleborough have
also dared each other to parade through the town in their finery when they hold the fundraiser
"We are going to dig out our dresses and ask for people to sponsor us, and I'm going
on a diet to get into mine," said Sue Webster, who has joined
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 6 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 7 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
the staff "fat club" to bring
in extra cash for the appeal.
"The school is trying to raise £20,000 to take our pupils to take a trip to Euro Disney during the latter part of this year. We have raised £1,391.64 so far since November 2007.
"We do have other events in the pipeline, including an auction or promises evening which is due
to take place in the spring,"
Parents have rallied to the cause, including Nick and Paula Cardy who held a Christmas dance at Great Hockham village hall. They will be presenting
the school with a cheque for
£780 at a special assembly tomorrow.