Weather warning issued for thunderstorms in Norfolk and Waveney
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A weather warning for heavy rain and thunderstorms has been issued for Norfolk and Waveney.
The areas are included in the Met Office's yellow weather warning which says some places may get up to 20mm of rain in an hour.
The warning is in place until 6pm on Sunday, January 2, 2022.
Meteorologists warn that heavy rain and thunderstorms will move quickly east, creating a period where 15 to 20mm of rain could fall.
Lightning, hail and strong winds may accompany the rain, with a risk that some places could see gusts of up to 50mph.
Drivers could experience spray and sudden flooding which may lead to difficult driving conditions, and potential road closures.
Forecasters also warn that there is a slight chance of power cuts, damage to trees and buildings, and there may be disruption to train and bus services.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
- 3 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 4 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 5 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Pick your own beautiful bouquets in country park's new garden
- 7 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
- 8 'It's frustrating' - Vandals damage medieval church's stained glass windows
- 9 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 10 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway
Areas covered by the weather warning include Norwich, Stalham, Wymondham, Attleborough, Great Yarmouth, Acle, Lowestoft, Beccles, Bungay, and Diss.