Weather warning for heavy rain issued for Norfolk
- Credit: The Met Office
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for heavy rain across Norfolk this weekend.
The warning, which covers all of East Anglia, is in place from midnight through to around 6am on Sunday.
Heavy rain and showers are expected to develop on Saturday night and persist into the early hours of Sunday morning.
While many areas will miss the worst of the weather, others could see 20mm to 40mm of rainfall in less than three hours - potentially leading to flooding and disruption on the roads.
The warning states flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely, local transport such as bus and train services will "probably" be affected with journey times taking longer.
Spray and flooding on roads may increase journey times.
- 1 Resurfacing works planned for busy Wymondham road
- 2 Former paint brush factory could become large community church
- 3 Model tram back on track after 86 years
- 4 Award-winning Norfolk historian shares images of historic market town
- 5 Garden centre to be transformed into enchanted forest this Christmas
- 6 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 7 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 8 'Happy to be back': Chinese restaurant reopens after closing a year ago
- 9 Rare chance to rent a fine dining restaurant - at a 'bargain' price
- 10 Air ambulance called to crash at Old Buckenham