Ice warning in place as snow arrives in Wymondham and Attleborough
- Credit: Stephanie Terry
Families in Wymondham and Attleborough have woken to a light dusting of snow - but more is predicted to fall in coming days.
Despite forecasters warning of up to 10 cm on Tuesday night, in most areas only one - two centimetres materialised.
While the high streets and main roads remained clear, some drivers said black ice was lurking on smaller routes and police warned motorists to take extra care.
Greater Anglia said trains were running on time and there were no major delays to report on the roads.
Norfolk County Council said all schools in the area remained open but that parents should keep an eye on the situation overnight.
You may also want to watch:
A yellow weather warning has been issued for snow and ice until 9 pm on Friday February 1, with forecasters warning of possible travel delays on roads and trains.
Weatherquest forecaster Dan Holley tweeted: 'On Thursday a band of rain, sleet and snow spreads gradually northwards. Details are still uncertain (especially WRT how far north it gets), but scope for 2-5cm in the S + W of the region.'
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears