Ice warning in place as snow arrives in Wymondham and Attleborough
- Credit: Stephanie Terry
Families in Wymondham and Attleborough have woken to a light dusting of snow - but more is predicted to fall in coming days.
Despite forecasters warning of up to 10 cm on Tuesday night, in most areas only one - two centimetres materialised.
While the high streets and main roads remained clear, some drivers said black ice was lurking on smaller routes and police warned motorists to take extra care.
Greater Anglia said trains were running on time and there were no major delays to report on the roads.
Norfolk County Council said all schools in the area remained open but that parents should keep an eye on the situation overnight.
You may also want to watch:
A yellow weather warning has been issued for snow and ice until 9 pm on Friday February 1, with forecasters warning of possible travel delays on roads and trains.
Weatherquest forecaster Dan Holley tweeted: 'On Thursday a band of rain, sleet and snow spreads gradually northwards. Details are still uncertain (especially WRT how far north it gets), but scope for 2-5cm in the S + W of the region.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote