Ice warning in place as snow arrives in Wymondham and Attleborough
- Credit: Stephanie Terry
Families in Wymondham and Attleborough have woken to a light dusting of snow - but more is predicted to fall in coming days.
Despite forecasters warning of up to 10 cm on Tuesday night, in most areas only one - two centimetres materialised.
While the high streets and main roads remained clear, some drivers said black ice was lurking on smaller routes and police warned motorists to take extra care.
Greater Anglia said trains were running on time and there were no major delays to report on the roads.
Norfolk County Council said all schools in the area remained open but that parents should keep an eye on the situation overnight.
You may also want to watch:
A yellow weather warning has been issued for snow and ice until 9 pm on Friday February 1, with forecasters warning of possible travel delays on roads and trains.
Weatherquest forecaster Dan Holley tweeted: 'On Thursday a band of rain, sleet and snow spreads gradually northwards. Details are still uncertain (especially WRT how far north it gets), but scope for 2-5cm in the S + W of the region.'
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road