Ice warning in place as snow arrives in Wymondham and Attleborough
- Credit: Stephanie Terry
Families in Wymondham and Attleborough have woken to a light dusting of snow - but more is predicted to fall in coming days.
Despite forecasters warning of up to 10 cm on Tuesday night, in most areas only one - two centimetres materialised.
While the high streets and main roads remained clear, some drivers said black ice was lurking on smaller routes and police warned motorists to take extra care.
Greater Anglia said trains were running on time and there were no major delays to report on the roads.
Norfolk County Council said all schools in the area remained open but that parents should keep an eye on the situation overnight.
You may also want to watch:
A yellow weather warning has been issued for snow and ice until 9 pm on Friday February 1, with forecasters warning of possible travel delays on roads and trains.
Weatherquest forecaster Dan Holley tweeted: 'On Thursday a band of rain, sleet and snow spreads gradually northwards. Details are still uncertain (especially WRT how far north it gets), but scope for 2-5cm in the S + W of the region.'
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 3 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney