Yellow weather warning issued for storms this Saturday
- Credit: Danielle Booden
England fans planning on watching the nation's clash with Ukraine are likely to get wet with thunderstorms expected for the county on Saturday.
A spokesman from Norwich-based Weatherquest said thunderstorms are likely in western and central parts of Norfolk from mid-afternoon into the evening.
This is moving up from the south with the possibility of downpours during the England versus Ukraine quarter-final of the European Championship, which kicks off at 8pm.
The spokesman added: "It is coming in from two areas with one line of rain and showers through the morning with a possible thunderstorm from 6am to 9am. There is a possible thunderstorm there but it is more likely through the afternoon.
"As the skies brighten up and and the temperature picks up we are looking at a thunderstorm in the afternoon for western parts of Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire."
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms and heavy rain on Saturday.
- 1 Resurfacing works planned for busy Wymondham road
- 2 Former paint brush factory could become large community church
- 3 Model tram back on track after 86 years
- 4 Award-winning Norfolk historian shares images of historic market town
- 5 Garden centre to be transformed into enchanted forest this Christmas
- 6 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 7 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 8 'Happy to be back': Chinese restaurant reopens after closing a year ago
- 9 Rare chance to rent a fine dining restaurant - at a 'bargain' price
- 10 Air ambulance called to crash at Old Buckenham