Norfolk and Suffolk set for mini heatwave with 28C temperatures
- Credit: Brittany Woodman
Norfolk and Suffolk are set for a "mini heatwave" as temperatures are expected to soar.
Weatherquest, based at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, has predicted parts of Norfolk will reach 28C on Tuesday and Wednesday.
A spookesman said: "Temperatures in the county are expected to reach 27C on Monday and 28C on Tuesday and Wednesday.
"The warmest places are likely to be away from the immediate coast, with the south west of the county most favoured to reach these highs such as Thetford."
The weather changes are being brought about by increasing high pressure and a southerly wind.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as welcome news to sun lovers after days of cloud and disappointing temperatures.
The forceaster confirmed: “Early next week high pressure will be in control and the winds will start to turn more southerly as well and from Monday we will see more in the way of sunshine for the most part.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 4 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 5 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 6 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 9 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
- 10 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
“This will be one of the warmest spells of weather we have had in a while."