Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- Credit: Sophie Kendall
Parts of Norfolk and Waveney have today been turned into a winter wonderland.
The first snow of 2021 has fallen across the region given most places at least a light dusting of the white stuff or in some areas a more substantial covering.
Mid and West Norfolk have seen the most with areas around King's Lynn seeing sustained snow falls and it has been particularly bad around the Fakenham area.
A number of main roads were reported to be impassable with drivers warned to be extra careful.
Many families woke up on Saturday morning to see their gardens, drives and neighbourhoods given a covering of snow.
And while people can't meet up with friends or travel to enjoy it, plenty have made the most of the weather from their gardens or streets.
Plenty shared pictures of the white landscape outside their homes - some expressing surprise, despite forecasts, and others delighted to see it.
- 1 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks
- 2 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 3 Building of new homes on former school playing field is complete
- 4 Man, 22, due in court after fire which killed 50 pigs
- 5 Warning over scam 'Aviva' automated cold calls
- 6 Couple open microbakery after huge success of lockdown deliveries
- 7 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 8 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 9 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 10 More than 350 south Norfolk homes hit by power cut