Warning after hoax call reports in Wymondham
Police are warning homeowners to be vigilant after reports of possible hoax callers.
Two elderly residents in the Wymondham area have received calls from someone claiming to work for a home security company.
The caller asked them questions about their home security and whether they had a house alarm. They then asked the residents if they were over 80 years old.
In both cases, the residents became suspicious and discontinued the call.
Officers would like to remind people that they should never give their personal details or bank details to anyone over the phone and carry out such requests from unexpected callers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who believes they may have been the victim of such a scam should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours
- 2 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
- 3 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 4 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 5 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 6 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 9 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 10 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage