Warning after hoax call reports in Wymondham
Police are warning homeowners to be vigilant after reports of possible hoax callers.
Two elderly residents in the Wymondham area have received calls from someone claiming to work for a home security company.
The caller asked them questions about their home security and whether they had a house alarm. They then asked the residents if they were over 80 years old.
In both cases, the residents became suspicious and discontinued the call.
Officers would like to remind people that they should never give their personal details or bank details to anyone over the phone and carry out such requests from unexpected callers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who believes they may have been the victim of such a scam should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 3 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Bird flu containment 'successfully completed' at infected turkey farms
- 10 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far