Warning after hoax call reports in Wymondham
Police are warning homeowners to be vigilant after reports of possible hoax callers.
Two elderly residents in the Wymondham area have received calls from someone claiming to work for a home security company.
The caller asked them questions about their home security and whether they had a house alarm. They then asked the residents if they were over 80 years old.
In both cases, the residents became suspicious and discontinued the call.
Officers would like to remind people that they should never give their personal details or bank details to anyone over the phone and carry out such requests from unexpected callers.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who believes they may have been the victim of such a scam should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 6 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road