Village charity efforts hailed
Old Buckenham's fundraising efforts for charity were warmly appreciated as the money was handed over at the weekend.In the run-up to Christmas, the village pulls out all the stops to support the St Martins Housing Trust, a body that looks after the homeless in Norwich and across Norfolk.
Old Buckenham's fundraising efforts for charity were warmly appreciated as the money was handed over at the weekend.
In the run-up to Christmas, the village pulls out all the stops to support the St Martins Housing Trust, a body that looks after the homeless in Norwich and across Norfolk.
Just over £11,389 has been raised and, of this, £9,853 came from pre-Christmas collections by volunteers collecting from customers at Sainsburys in Attleborough and Thetford, at the candlelit carol concert at All Saints Church and various contributions by local companies.
The Old Buckenham 2000 Trust had raised £1033 with its activities (including helping Father Christmas deliver presents around Old Buckenham). The sum of £52 was earned by six young people who participated in a sleep-over in Carleton Rode Baptist church, £388 from the collection at a carol concert at St Mary's, Attleborough and a further £63 came from carol singing at Bunwell.
You may also want to watch:
Derek Player, general manager, and Nick Williams, a trustee and the present Sheriff of Norwich, both of the St Martins Housing Trust, thanked everybody for the support. Derek Player explained that this donation from Old Buckenham and its friends was something special. It would provide a great boost towards the cost of fitting out their renovated hostel in Norwich.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history