Village charity efforts hailed
Old Buckenham's fundraising efforts for charity were warmly appreciated as the money was handed over at the weekend.In the run-up to Christmas, the village pulls out all the stops to support the St Martins Housing Trust, a body that looks after the homeless in Norwich and across Norfolk.
Old Buckenham's fundraising efforts for charity were warmly appreciated as the money was handed over at the weekend.
In the run-up to Christmas, the village pulls out all the stops to support the St Martins Housing Trust, a body that looks after the homeless in Norwich and across Norfolk.
Just over £11,389 has been raised and, of this, £9,853 came from pre-Christmas collections by volunteers collecting from customers at Sainsburys in Attleborough and Thetford, at the candlelit carol concert at All Saints Church and various contributions by local companies.
The Old Buckenham 2000 Trust had raised £1033 with its activities (including helping Father Christmas deliver presents around Old Buckenham). The sum of £52 was earned by six young people who participated in a sleep-over in Carleton Rode Baptist church, £388 from the collection at a carol concert at St Mary's, Attleborough and a further £63 came from carol singing at Bunwell.
Derek Player, general manager, and Nick Williams, a trustee and the present Sheriff of Norwich, both of the St Martins Housing Trust, thanked everybody for the support. Derek Player explained that this donation from Old Buckenham and its friends was something special. It would provide a great boost towards the cost of fitting out their renovated hostel in Norwich.
- 1 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 2 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
- 3 Hughes Electrical to close its Wymondham branch
- 4 Chef nominated for best wedding caterer of the year in the UK
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 9 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 10 A11 reopened after two-vehicle crash