Travelling PCs net �5000 for charity
FOUR police officers have raised almost �5,000 for charity by driving a unique modified car from Attleborough to Barcelona.The four officers who took part in the road trip were Sergeant Mark Glister, PC Martin Fallon, PC Pete Warby and PCSO Gary Szabo.
FOUR police officers have raised almost �5,000 for charity by driving a unique modified car from Attleborough to Barcelona.
The four officers who took part in the road trip were Sergeant Mark Glister, PC Martin Fallon, PC Pete Warby and PCSO Gary Szabo.
All four have worked in Attleborough, and decided to raise money for local charities.
For the journey they bought a Rover estate and painted it to look like an American police car, calling it the 'hot fuzz 4 kidz car'.
After setting off from Attleborough, the team drove through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco and finally arrived in Barcelona after 4 days and 7 hours.
The journey raised �4629.60 for the team's two chosen charities, East Anglia's Childrens' Hospices and Quidenham and Chapel Road School.
- 1 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 2 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
- 3 Hughes Electrical to close its Wymondham branch
- 4 Chef nominated for best wedding caterer of the year in the UK
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 9 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 10 A11 reopened after two-vehicle crash