Travellers set up on industrial estate
A group of travellers has taken up camp at the site of a new industrial estate in Attleborough.Infrastructure and access works to create the Victory Business Park, off London Road, were completed earlier this year following a �450,000 investment by Breckland Council.
A group of travellers has taken up camp at the site of a new industrial estate in Attleborough.
Infrastructure and access works to create the Victory Business Park, off London Road, were completed earlier this year following a �450,000 investment by Breckland Council.
However, instead of welcoming new businesses, the land next to the Haverscroft Industrial Estate has temporarily become home to a group of gipsies and travellers.
Around a dozen caravans and vehicles descended on the site, which has outline planning permission for new commercial development, last week.
You may also want to watch:
Officials from Breckland Council, which had received interest from more than 50 companies looking to move to the Victory Business Park, are now working to move the gipsies to an alternative site.
A spokesman for the district council this week said that the travellers had moved to the land on the edge of Attleborough after their previous site had become waterlogged.
- 1 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 2 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 3 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 4 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 5 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 6 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 7 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 8 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours
- 9 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
Officials from the local authority have offered them temporary accommodation at a designated short stay gipsy and traveller site off the A11 at Thetford.
The spokesman added that the group had pledged to move from their unauthorised encampment in Attleborough after the weekend .