Travellers set up on industrial estate
A group of travellers has taken up camp at the site of a new industrial estate in Attleborough.Infrastructure and access works to create the Victory Business Park, off London Road, were completed earlier this year following a �450,000 investment by Breckland Council.
A group of travellers has taken up camp at the site of a new industrial estate in Attleborough.
Infrastructure and access works to create the Victory Business Park, off London Road, were completed earlier this year following a �450,000 investment by Breckland Council.
However, instead of welcoming new businesses, the land next to the Haverscroft Industrial Estate has temporarily become home to a group of gipsies and travellers.
Around a dozen caravans and vehicles descended on the site, which has outline planning permission for new commercial development, last week.
You may also want to watch:
Officials from Breckland Council, which had received interest from more than 50 companies looking to move to the Victory Business Park, are now working to move the gipsies to an alternative site.
A spokesman for the district council this week said that the travellers had moved to the land on the edge of Attleborough after their previous site had become waterlogged.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 4 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 5 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night
Officials from the local authority have offered them temporary accommodation at a designated short stay gipsy and traveller site off the A11 at Thetford.
The spokesman added that the group had pledged to move from their unauthorised encampment in Attleborough after the weekend .