Travellers set up on industrial estate
A group of travellers has taken up camp at the site of a new industrial estate in Attleborough.Infrastructure and access works to create the Victory Business Park, off London Road, were completed earlier this year following a �450,000 investment by Breckland Council.
A group of travellers has taken up camp at the site of a new industrial estate in Attleborough.
Infrastructure and access works to create the Victory Business Park, off London Road, were completed earlier this year following a �450,000 investment by Breckland Council.
However, instead of welcoming new businesses, the land next to the Haverscroft Industrial Estate has temporarily become home to a group of gipsies and travellers.
Around a dozen caravans and vehicles descended on the site, which has outline planning permission for new commercial development, last week.
You may also want to watch:
Officials from Breckland Council, which had received interest from more than 50 companies looking to move to the Victory Business Park, are now working to move the gipsies to an alternative site.
A spokesman for the district council this week said that the travellers had moved to the land on the edge of Attleborough after their previous site had become waterlogged.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 9 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead
- 10 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
Officials from the local authority have offered them temporary accommodation at a designated short stay gipsy and traveller site off the A11 at Thetford.
The spokesman added that the group had pledged to move from their unauthorised encampment in Attleborough after the weekend .