Travellers set up on industrial estate
A group of travellers has taken up camp at the site of a new industrial estate in Attleborough.Infrastructure and access works to create the Victory Business Park, off London Road, were completed earlier this year following a �450,000 investment by Breckland Council.
A group of travellers has taken up camp at the site of a new industrial estate in Attleborough.
Infrastructure and access works to create the Victory Business Park, off London Road, were completed earlier this year following a �450,000 investment by Breckland Council.
However, instead of welcoming new businesses, the land next to the Haverscroft Industrial Estate has temporarily become home to a group of gipsies and travellers.
Around a dozen caravans and vehicles descended on the site, which has outline planning permission for new commercial development, last week.
You may also want to watch:
Officials from Breckland Council, which had received interest from more than 50 companies looking to move to the Victory Business Park, are now working to move the gipsies to an alternative site.
A spokesman for the district council this week said that the travellers had moved to the land on the edge of Attleborough after their previous site had become waterlogged.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 3 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 6 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 10 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
Officials from the local authority have offered them temporary accommodation at a designated short stay gipsy and traveller site off the A11 at Thetford.
The spokesman added that the group had pledged to move from their unauthorised encampment in Attleborough after the weekend .