Travellers set up on industrial estate
A group of travellers has taken up camp at the site of a new industrial estate in Attleborough.Infrastructure and access works to create the Victory Business Park, off London Road, were completed earlier this year following a �450,000 investment by Breckland Council.
A group of travellers has taken up camp at the site of a new industrial estate in Attleborough.
Infrastructure and access works to create the Victory Business Park, off London Road, were completed earlier this year following a �450,000 investment by Breckland Council.
However, instead of welcoming new businesses, the land next to the Haverscroft Industrial Estate has temporarily become home to a group of gipsies and travellers.
Around a dozen caravans and vehicles descended on the site, which has outline planning permission for new commercial development, last week.
Officials from Breckland Council, which had received interest from more than 50 companies looking to move to the Victory Business Park, are now working to move the gipsies to an alternative site.
A spokesman for the district council this week said that the travellers had moved to the land on the edge of Attleborough after their previous site had become waterlogged.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 5 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Celebrities pictured loving Norfolk grower's roses at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 10 Wymondham Ladies triumph in Norfolk County Cup final
Officials from the local authority have offered them temporary accommodation at a designated short stay gipsy and traveller site off the A11 at Thetford.
The spokesman added that the group had pledged to move from their unauthorised encampment in Attleborough after the weekend .