Three-car crash on A11 sees lane closed and delays
- Credit: Archant
Three cars were involved in a crash on the A11 which has seen one lane closed and is causing delays near Wymondham.
A silver Ford Fusion, a black Ford Fiesta Zetec and a black Chevrolet Spark were all involved in the crash, which happened at around 5pm on Wednesday, December 23, close to the junction at Spooner Row.
One of the drivers had lost control in the wet weather and aquaplaned, Norfolk police said, before being hit by a second car, causing them both to come to a stop in the slow lane on the southbound carriageway towards Thetford. The third car hit the central reservation.
No-one is believed to have been injured in the incident, though the slow lane is currently closed while the cars are recovered. Drivers are warned to expect delays if travelling southbound along the A11.
The wet weather has caused several problems on Norfolk's highways this evening, with heavy rain causing flooding at several points on the A140, including at Pulham Market and Long Stratton.
A car has also gone into a hedge on the A140 at Dickleburgh.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: "We're seeing a high volume of incidents on the county's roads. Please drive to the conditions, take extra care and allow extra time for your journey where possible."
For more up-to-date information on the county's roads, visit our live traffic map.
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease
- 8 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 9 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11