Road to be closed for resurfacing work
- Credit: PA
Motorists are being warned resurfacing works has seen the closure of a road in Wymondham.
Work to remove an old worn out road surface and replace it with a new surface will take place on Thursday and Friday.
To ensure it can be completed safely a section of Suton Lane will be closed from its junction with Suton Street southwards for a distance of 1,725m through to Chapel Road, Spooner Row with its junction with Chapel Loke.
The road will be closed from 6am–5pm on Thursday and from 7.30am-8pm on Friday.
People will still be able to access all properties and businesses on Suton Lane and Chapel Lane. For non essential access a signed diversion route will be in place during the roadworks.
You may also want to watch:
The £50,000 work will be carried out by Norfolk County Council and their contractors.
A council spokesman said: “We thank people for their patience while this road surface improvement work is carried out.”
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease
- 8 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 9 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11