Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- Credit: Submitted
An overturned lorry which fell across all lanes at a roundabout on the edge of Norwich has been causing serious disruption to rush hour motorists.
Norfolk Police were called to the Thickthorn Roundabout at 5.10am after an HGV overturned.
Traffic is now flowing again with the road cleared by 11am.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: "I can confirm that EEAST responded to an emergency call shortly before 5.45am regarding an incident on the Thickthorn Roundabout, A11.
"We sent an ambulance to the scene. No patients were transported to hospital."
Drivers travelling from the Swaffham direction towards Great Yarmouth direction had still been able to pass by turning left via a smaller roundabout towards the hospital and A11.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "It is not a complete disaster as it is still passable but traffic is still going to be horrendous as there are already roadworks taking place in that area."
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 4 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 8 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 9 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
Police were advising motorists to find alternative routes.
An earlier statement from Norfolk Police said: "Police were called at approximately 5.10am this morning following reports of an overturned lorry on the A11 near Thickthorn.
"We are currently at scene dealing with the incident. Single lane open so traffic build up expected."