Police close section of A11 due to crash
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A section of the A11 had to be closed and a diversion put in place following an earlier accident.
The A11 is currently closed southbound between the A47 near Cringleford, Norwich, and the B1135, Wymondham, due to a crash.
Officers from Norfolk police were called to the scene.
Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journeys and are being asked to exit the A11 and take the B1172 at the Thickthorn roundabout.
However, a section of the B1172 is also closed due to a roundabout being constructed there, so drivers are being warned to take extra care.
At the Norwich Road roundabout, drivers can take the first exit onto the B1135 and from there, rejoin the A11.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet known when the road will be reopened.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history