Roundabout work for Persimmon estate delayed by children's return to school
- Credit: Daniel Moxon
Adverse weather conditions and the return of school pupils to classrooms have delayed work to complete the construction of a new roundabout, a developer has said.
The junction is being put in place on the B1172 between Wymondham and Hethersett, just outside Norwich, to create access for a Persimmon development.
There is currently a traffic light system in place as work is carried out.
Final touches to the roundabout were due to be completed this month, but the road will now be closed for the work from April 7, during the Easter school holiday.
A spokesman for the firm said: "The road closure is required to enable the final resurfacing of the new junction to be completed.
You may also want to watch:
"Work was initially delayed due to extremely wet weather and snow earlier in the year, and then postponed to prevent disruption when the schools reopened to all students."
They added the road closure is "expected to last four days".
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease
- 8 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 9 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11