Norfolk morning traffic: some delays in the county and end to roadworks
- Credit: Denise Bradley
As the new working week starts and commuters return to the roads, delays on Norfolk's A-roads are likely. This week also marks the end of significant works around Norwich.
Early on Monday morning, there were reports of an obstruction on the A47, near Thickthorn Roundabout, however, traffic is coping well.
Those driving into Norwich may want to avoid Plumstead Road and Holt Road, where traffic will continue to move slowly due to roadworks.
Delays are also likely on the A11 near Attleborough, as well as the A140 and A148 coming out of Cromer.
Traffic is also moving slowly on the A140 near Brome and on the A134 near Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
The Acle Straight is also experiencing some very slow-moving traffic for a one-and-a-half-mile stretch near Lingwood.
The end of this week, Sunday, August 22, will see the end to the roadworks on the NDR, which has been undergoing work since July. Up until Sunday, there will continue to be a temporary speed limit, with delays likely across the entire length of the road.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
The work on Newmarket Road is also planned to end this week, on Friday, August 20. Until then, delays will continue to be likely.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.