Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A person has been hit by a train on the line between Norwich and Stansted Airport.
Greater Anglia said its response team has been informed and has headed to the site of the incident, between Cambridge and Ely.
All lines are blocked and services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised until further notice, it added.
Rail replacement buses has been sourced and will be put into operation between Cambridge North and Ely.
Greater Anglia said its Norwich to Stansted Airport services will start and terminate from Ely until further notice.
Other train services between King's Lynn, Ely and Cambridge may also be affected.
The 07.22 service from Cambridge to Ely was cancelled, while several trains between Cambridge and Norwich have been delayed, with upcoming services also set to terminate and begin from Ely.
- 1 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 2 Town's hair salon set to reopen under new name and owner on April 12
- 3 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 4 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12
- 5 How taking an alpaca for a walk became a staycation trend
- 6 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 7 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 8 Disruption begins as roundabout work completed
- 9 New cake shop closed after selling out in frantic 48 hours
- 10 Being back at school is gift - Norfolk teen reveals lockdown woes
Great Northern Rail said a shuttle service is in operation between King's Lynn and Ely, adding that trains are currently able to run between Cambridge and London.
For more information, visit the Greater Anglia website.