Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- Credit: Google
A road has been closed due to electric cables catching fire in mid Norfolk.
Fire services and the police are currently at the scene between Hardingham and Kimberly near Wymondham.
The B1135 has been closed to traffic between the two villages.
Police were called at 1.40pm to reports that a power cable had caught alight at the junction with Danemoor Lane and Norwich Road.
The fire service were then called and an appliance from Earlham attended the scene.
The crew used fixed firefighting equipment to extinguish the fire and a thermal imaging camera to check for any hot spots.
The stop message was sent at 2.32pm.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
- 3 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 4 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 5 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Pick your own beautiful bouquets in country park's new garden
- 7 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
- 8 'It's frustrating' - Vandals damage medieval church's stained glass windows
- 9 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 10 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway
The road remains closed and UK Power Network engineers are also in attendance.