Man taken to hospital after crash on A11
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
A man was taken to hospital for treatment following a crash on the A11.
Officers alerted people to the incident at the A11 Thickthorn Norwich bound carriageway on Wednesday afternoon, tweeting for drivers to avoid the area.
The southbound carriageway at Thickthorn had been closed and diversions were put in place. But it has since reopened following the incident.
South Norfolk Police and Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team were on the scene after police received a call at around 11.30am to reports that a car had crashed into the central reservation.
The ambulance service were also on scene.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said the driver of the car, a man, had been taken to hospital.
An East of England Ambulance service spokesperson confirmed a man was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 4 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 8 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 9 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
They added: “Two ambulances, a senior paramedic and the Norfolk Accident Rescue Service attended a single-vehicle crash on the A11 near Hethersett just after 11.45am today."