More than 460 dogs take part in 50th anniversary show
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Tails were wagging when the Thetford and District Canine Society hosted its 50th anniversary dog show.
More than 460 dogs made the way with their owners to Old Buckenham Country Park on Sunday, August 11 to take part in a number of open shows.
Cash prizes were on offer to for the Best in Show, Best Puppy in Show as well as the top five places in the open stakes class.
Despite there being reports of thunderstorms across the country the event remained dry with every owner able to prepare their pooch perfectly with a last-minute spot of grooming.
The show, which was supported by the Kennel Club, had nine different rings hosting competitions for all breeds big and small from Jack Russell's to Shetland Sheepdogs.
You may also want to watch:
For more information search Thetford and District Canine Society on Facebook.
- 1 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
- 10 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham