More than 460 dogs take part in 50th anniversary show
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Tails were wagging when the Thetford and District Canine Society hosted its 50th anniversary dog show.
More than 460 dogs made the way with their owners to Old Buckenham Country Park on Sunday, August 11 to take part in a number of open shows.
Cash prizes were on offer to for the Best in Show, Best Puppy in Show as well as the top five places in the open stakes class.
Despite there being reports of thunderstorms across the country the event remained dry with every owner able to prepare their pooch perfectly with a last-minute spot of grooming.
The show, which was supported by the Kennel Club, had nine different rings hosting competitions for all breeds big and small from Jack Russell's to Shetland Sheepdogs.
You may also want to watch:
For more information search Thetford and District Canine Society on Facebook.
- 1 Primary pupils thrilled by book donation
- 2 Cattle farmers and butchers create super-local food chain
- 3 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 4 Cyclists set for 112-mile night ride in aid of 'always happy' Olivia, 7
- 5 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould