More than 460 dogs take part in 50th anniversary show
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Tails were wagging when the Thetford and District Canine Society hosted its 50th anniversary dog show.
More than 460 dogs made the way with their owners to Old Buckenham Country Park on Sunday, August 11 to take part in a number of open shows.
Cash prizes were on offer to for the Best in Show, Best Puppy in Show as well as the top five places in the open stakes class.
Despite there being reports of thunderstorms across the country the event remained dry with every owner able to prepare their pooch perfectly with a last-minute spot of grooming.
The show, which was supported by the Kennel Club, had nine different rings hosting competitions for all breeds big and small from Jack Russell's to Shetland Sheepdogs.
You may also want to watch:
For more information search Thetford and District Canine Society on Facebook.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school