More than 460 dogs take part in 50th anniversary show
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Tails were wagging when the Thetford and District Canine Society hosted its 50th anniversary dog show.
More than 460 dogs made the way with their owners to Old Buckenham Country Park on Sunday, August 11 to take part in a number of open shows.
Cash prizes were on offer to for the Best in Show, Best Puppy in Show as well as the top five places in the open stakes class.
Despite there being reports of thunderstorms across the country the event remained dry with every owner able to prepare their pooch perfectly with a last-minute spot of grooming.
The show, which was supported by the Kennel Club, had nine different rings hosting competitions for all breeds big and small from Jack Russell's to Shetland Sheepdogs.
You may also want to watch:
For more information search Thetford and District Canine Society on Facebook.
- 1 Town's hair salon set to reopen under new name and owner on April 12
- 2 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 3 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 4 How taking an alpaca for a walk became a staycation trend
- 5 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 6 Being back at school is gift - Norfolk teen reveals lockdown woes
- 7 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 8 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 9 Canaries and Wonder Woman used to raise endometriosis awareness
- 10 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12