More than 460 dogs take part in 50th anniversary show
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Tails were wagging when the Thetford and District Canine Society hosted its 50th anniversary dog show.
More than 460 dogs made the way with their owners to Old Buckenham Country Park on Sunday, August 11 to take part in a number of open shows.
Cash prizes were on offer to for the Best in Show, Best Puppy in Show as well as the top five places in the open stakes class.
Despite there being reports of thunderstorms across the country the event remained dry with every owner able to prepare their pooch perfectly with a last-minute spot of grooming.
The show, which was supported by the Kennel Club, had nine different rings hosting competitions for all breeds big and small from Jack Russell's to Shetland Sheepdogs.
You may also want to watch:
For more information search Thetford and District Canine Society on Facebook.
- 1 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 2 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 3 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 4 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 5 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 6 Volunteers plant 1,000 trees at natural beauty spot
- 7 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 8 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 9 Are National Savings and Investments worth it?
- 10 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush