Students support marathon runner
It might normally be seen as a punishment for unruly pupils.But dozens of students voluntarily ran laps around their school playing field last week to support their marathon running teacher.
It might normally be seen as a punishment for unruly pupils.
But dozens of students voluntarily ran laps around their school playing field last week to support their marathon running teacher.
Around 20 youngsters from Old Buckenham High School, put on their running shoes to help raise funds for the Hepatitis C Trust.
The mini marathon fundraising event came as languages teacher Natalie Nicholson stepped up her preparations for her first London Marathon on April 26.
The mother-of-two, who was joined by schoolchildren as she did 20 laps around the Old Buckenham playing field, is hoping to generate �5,000 for the Hepatitis C Trust - a charity that is close to her heart.
Mrs Nicholson, 42, whose husband Oliver was diagnosed with hepatitis C 20 years ago, said an estimated 500,000 people had the virus in the UK, but only 10pc of patients had been diagnosed.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 3 The fight is on to save a Norfolk village's Post Office
- 4 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 7 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 8 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 9 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 10 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
'It is one of those illnesses where a lot of people do not know that they have it because of its flu like symptoms and the longer is left, the harder it is to treat. There is nothing that can be medically done to help my husband at the moment, but I wanted to do something to raise awareness,' she said.
Mrs Nicholson can be supported by visiting www.justgiving.com/natalienicholson1.