Students' sponsored row
A group of students will be supported by some world record holders on Friday when they begin a 24 hour sponsored row.The 12 pupils at Wymondham College will start the challenge on Friday to raise funds for a world challenge trip to Belize, Guatemala and Mexico later this year.
A group of students will be supported by some world record holders on Friday when they begin a 24 hour sponsored row.
The 12 pupils at Wymondham College will start the challenge on Friday to raise funds for a world challenge trip to Belize, Guatemala and Mexico later this year.
The event will be started off by three of the 14-man crew that set a new record for rowing across the Atlantic ocean in January last year.
Julian Barnwell from Wroxham, Mike Tooth from Norwich, and Liam Hughes from Wymondham, set off from Gran Canaria in their boat La Mondiale, on December 15 and beat the record set by a French team in 1992 by two days.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Wright, one of the participants said: 'This is going to be a great challenge. We have put in hours of training and hope we can raise a lot of sponsorship for our trip. I don't think we will get much sleep in the 24 hours as when we are not rowing we will be redecorating the fitness room as a thank you to the PE department at the college for letting us use the equipment.'
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 3 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
- 10 Bird flu containment 'successfully completed' at infected turkey farms