Students' sponsored row
A group of students will be supported by some world record holders on Friday when they begin a 24 hour sponsored row.The 12 pupils at Wymondham College will start the challenge on Friday to raise funds for a world challenge trip to Belize, Guatemala and Mexico later this year.
A group of students will be supported by some world record holders on Friday when they begin a 24 hour sponsored row.
The 12 pupils at Wymondham College will start the challenge on Friday to raise funds for a world challenge trip to Belize, Guatemala and Mexico later this year.
The event will be started off by three of the 14-man crew that set a new record for rowing across the Atlantic ocean in January last year.
Julian Barnwell from Wroxham, Mike Tooth from Norwich, and Liam Hughes from Wymondham, set off from Gran Canaria in their boat La Mondiale, on December 15 and beat the record set by a French team in 1992 by two days.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Wright, one of the participants said: 'This is going to be a great challenge. We have put in hours of training and hope we can raise a lot of sponsorship for our trip. I don't think we will get much sleep in the 24 hours as when we are not rowing we will be redecorating the fitness room as a thank you to the PE department at the college for letting us use the equipment.'
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk