Students' sponsored row
A group of students will be supported by some world record holders on Friday when they begin a 24 hour sponsored row.The 12 pupils at Wymondham College will start the challenge on Friday to raise funds for a world challenge trip to Belize, Guatemala and Mexico later this year.
A group of students will be supported by some world record holders on Friday when they begin a 24 hour sponsored row.
The 12 pupils at Wymondham College will start the challenge on Friday to raise funds for a world challenge trip to Belize, Guatemala and Mexico later this year.
The event will be started off by three of the 14-man crew that set a new record for rowing across the Atlantic ocean in January last year.
Julian Barnwell from Wroxham, Mike Tooth from Norwich, and Liam Hughes from Wymondham, set off from Gran Canaria in their boat La Mondiale, on December 15 and beat the record set by a French team in 1992 by two days.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Wright, one of the participants said: 'This is going to be a great challenge. We have put in hours of training and hope we can raise a lot of sponsorship for our trip. I don't think we will get much sleep in the 24 hours as when we are not rowing we will be redecorating the fitness room as a thank you to the PE department at the college for letting us use the equipment.'
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road