Students' sponsored row
A group of students will be supported by some world record holders on Friday when they begin a 24 hour sponsored row.The 12 pupils at Wymondham College will start the challenge on Friday to raise funds for a world challenge trip to Belize, Guatemala and Mexico later this year.
A group of students will be supported by some world record holders on Friday when they begin a 24 hour sponsored row.
The 12 pupils at Wymondham College will start the challenge on Friday to raise funds for a world challenge trip to Belize, Guatemala and Mexico later this year.
The event will be started off by three of the 14-man crew that set a new record for rowing across the Atlantic ocean in January last year.
Julian Barnwell from Wroxham, Mike Tooth from Norwich, and Liam Hughes from Wymondham, set off from Gran Canaria in their boat La Mondiale, on December 15 and beat the record set by a French team in 1992 by two days.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Wright, one of the participants said: 'This is going to be a great challenge. We have put in hours of training and hope we can raise a lot of sponsorship for our trip. I don't think we will get much sleep in the 24 hours as when we are not rowing we will be redecorating the fitness room as a thank you to the PE department at the college for letting us use the equipment.'
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears