Store's boost to Attleborough school
ATTLEBOROUGH Infant School pupils are benefiting from new fun sports equipment - thanks to cash from local supermarket Sainsbury's.The store has donated £498.
ATTLEBOROUGH Infant School pupils are benefiting from new fun sports equipment - thanks to cash from local supermarket Sainsbury's.
The store has donated £498.60 to Friends of Attleborough Infant School to support the purchase of new sports equipment.
Parent Tracy Longlands said: “Children of Attleborough Infant School will benefit from new playground equipment to make play time more fun for the children. Equipment will involve balls, skis and lots of other fun things.”
The supermarket raised the cash using a Bag For Life scheme that encourages customers to recycle plastic shopping bags, cutting waste as well as being kind to the environment.
You may also want to watch:
Sainsbury's store manager Karen Watts said: “We play an important role in this community and want to do all that we can to be part of it.
“When we heard about the need of the local infant school in making their physical education more fun we thought this was worthy of our support. Helping local children to grow and achieve their full potential is a terrific investment for their future.”
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 10 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
Sainsbury's community grants have been launched in 545 stores, and store managers are able to make nominations at any time of the year.
To encourage more customers to re-use their shopping bags, Sainsbury's Attleborough will on Saturday give away a fridge magnet and car window sticker to each customer, reminding them to 'take an old bag shopping'.