Store's boost to Attleborough school
ATTLEBOROUGH Infant School pupils are benefiting from new fun sports equipment - thanks to cash from local supermarket Sainsbury's.The store has donated £498.
ATTLEBOROUGH Infant School pupils are benefiting from new fun sports equipment - thanks to cash from local supermarket Sainsbury's.
The store has donated £498.60 to Friends of Attleborough Infant School to support the purchase of new sports equipment.
Parent Tracy Longlands said: “Children of Attleborough Infant School will benefit from new playground equipment to make play time more fun for the children. Equipment will involve balls, skis and lots of other fun things.”
The supermarket raised the cash using a Bag For Life scheme that encourages customers to recycle plastic shopping bags, cutting waste as well as being kind to the environment.
Sainsbury's store manager Karen Watts said: “We play an important role in this community and want to do all that we can to be part of it.
“When we heard about the need of the local infant school in making their physical education more fun we thought this was worthy of our support. Helping local children to grow and achieve their full potential is a terrific investment for their future.”
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 A11 closure to continue as roadworks finally begin
- 3 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 4 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 5 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 6 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 7 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
Sainsbury's community grants have been launched in 545 stores, and store managers are able to make nominations at any time of the year.
To encourage more customers to re-use their shopping bags, Sainsbury's Attleborough will on Saturday give away a fridge magnet and car window sticker to each customer, reminding them to 'take an old bag shopping'.