Store's boost to Attleborough school
ATTLEBOROUGH Infant School pupils are benefiting from new fun sports equipment - thanks to cash from local supermarket Sainsbury's.The store has donated £498.
ATTLEBOROUGH Infant School pupils are benefiting from new fun sports equipment - thanks to cash from local supermarket Sainsbury's.
The store has donated £498.60 to Friends of Attleborough Infant School to support the purchase of new sports equipment.
Parent Tracy Longlands said: “Children of Attleborough Infant School will benefit from new playground equipment to make play time more fun for the children. Equipment will involve balls, skis and lots of other fun things.”
The supermarket raised the cash using a Bag For Life scheme that encourages customers to recycle plastic shopping bags, cutting waste as well as being kind to the environment.
You may also want to watch:
Sainsbury's store manager Karen Watts said: “We play an important role in this community and want to do all that we can to be part of it.
“When we heard about the need of the local infant school in making their physical education more fun we thought this was worthy of our support. Helping local children to grow and achieve their full potential is a terrific investment for their future.”
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
Sainsbury's community grants have been launched in 545 stores, and store managers are able to make nominations at any time of the year.
To encourage more customers to re-use their shopping bags, Sainsbury's Attleborough will on Saturday give away a fridge magnet and car window sticker to each customer, reminding them to 'take an old bag shopping'.