Store's boost to Attleborough school
ATTLEBOROUGH Infant School pupils are benefiting from new fun sports equipment - thanks to cash from local supermarket Sainsbury's.The store has donated £498.
ATTLEBOROUGH Infant School pupils are benefiting from new fun sports equipment - thanks to cash from local supermarket Sainsbury's.
The store has donated £498.60 to Friends of Attleborough Infant School to support the purchase of new sports equipment.
Parent Tracy Longlands said: “Children of Attleborough Infant School will benefit from new playground equipment to make play time more fun for the children. Equipment will involve balls, skis and lots of other fun things.”
The supermarket raised the cash using a Bag For Life scheme that encourages customers to recycle plastic shopping bags, cutting waste as well as being kind to the environment.
You may also want to watch:
Sainsbury's store manager Karen Watts said: “We play an important role in this community and want to do all that we can to be part of it.
“When we heard about the need of the local infant school in making their physical education more fun we thought this was worthy of our support. Helping local children to grow and achieve their full potential is a terrific investment for their future.”
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 3 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 7 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 8 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
Sainsbury's community grants have been launched in 545 stores, and store managers are able to make nominations at any time of the year.
To encourage more customers to re-use their shopping bags, Sainsbury's Attleborough will on Saturday give away a fridge magnet and car window sticker to each customer, reminding them to 'take an old bag shopping'.