Stars help Wymondham cancer charity
A FORMER champion boxer, ex-Norwich City manager and British paralympian helped raise hundreds of pounds for a Wymondham cancer charity.
Star Throwers received a financial boost when a guest speakers night at Wymondham Town Football Club generated just over �1,400.
Norfolk boxing professional Jon Thaxton, former Norwich manager Ken Brown, and shot putter Danny Nobbs, who represented Great Britain in the Beijing Paralympics, were the speakers at the sold-out charity night on Wednesday. Wymondham mayor Colin Foulger also added.
Les King, life president of Wymondham Town Football Club, who organised and spoke at the event, said it was an excellent evening.
'It was very good and I am pleased with the support considering the bad weather and there were a lot of good people supporting a very worthwhile cause,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Star Throwers was formed in Melton Road, Wymondham, by oncologist Henry Mannings a year ago and continues to gather momentum as a centre of support and advice for cancer patients.
'I am overwhelmed by the support not only from Wymondham and Attleborough, but further afield from North Norfolk, Great Yarmouth and Suffolk.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead
'It is tremendous how it has taken off,' said Dr Mannings.