Rail crossing to be closed for roadworks
- Credit: Getty
A level crossing will be closed to traffic as part of five days of roadworks.
Maintenance work will begin from Monday, September 23 on improvements to Station Road at Spooner Row, between Wymondham and Attleborough.
A section of Station Road will be closed for a period of five days whilst the £14,000 work is carried out.
On Monday and Tuesday resurfacing of the junction with Bunwell Road will mean there is no access from Bunwell Road on to Station Road.
Then on Wednesday to Friday improvements to the pedestrian access near the level crossing at Spooner Row station means no vehicles will be permitted to travel across the railway track. The approach to the level crossing will have barriers in place.
You may also want to watch:
Signed diversion routes will be in place via Chapel Road, Suton Lane, B1172 London Road and Station Road.
Access to properties within the road closure will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 3 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 4 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 5 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 'Worrying' numbers had access to data centres holding confidential info
- 8 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city