Rail crossing to be closed for roadworks
- Credit: Getty
A level crossing will be closed to traffic as part of five days of roadworks.
Maintenance work will begin from Monday, September 23 on improvements to Station Road at Spooner Row, between Wymondham and Attleborough.
A section of Station Road will be closed for a period of five days whilst the £14,000 work is carried out.
On Monday and Tuesday resurfacing of the junction with Bunwell Road will mean there is no access from Bunwell Road on to Station Road.
Then on Wednesday to Friday improvements to the pedestrian access near the level crossing at Spooner Row station means no vehicles will be permitted to travel across the railway track. The approach to the level crossing will have barriers in place.
You may also want to watch:
Signed diversion routes will be in place via Chapel Road, Suton Lane, B1172 London Road and Station Road.
Access to properties within the road closure will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council