Rail crossing to be closed for roadworks
- Credit: Getty
A level crossing will be closed to traffic as part of five days of roadworks.
Maintenance work will begin from Monday, September 23 on improvements to Station Road at Spooner Row, between Wymondham and Attleborough.
A section of Station Road will be closed for a period of five days whilst the £14,000 work is carried out.
On Monday and Tuesday resurfacing of the junction with Bunwell Road will mean there is no access from Bunwell Road on to Station Road.
Then on Wednesday to Friday improvements to the pedestrian access near the level crossing at Spooner Row station means no vehicles will be permitted to travel across the railway track. The approach to the level crossing will have barriers in place.
You may also want to watch:
Signed diversion routes will be in place via Chapel Road, Suton Lane, B1172 London Road and Station Road.
Access to properties within the road closure will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times.
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 4 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 8 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 9 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show