Safety Sam visits Wymondham school
PUPILS at Ashleigh Infant School in Wymondham were visited by Safety Sam last week, who spoke to children and parents about how to stay safe on building sites.
The visit comes as Farrans (Construction) Limited are at the school relocating the playground to the back of the school, extending the car park and building a Phase 3 Sure Start Children's Centre.
Safety Sam was flown in from Ireland on Wednesday and children were shown a DVD and were given pencils, rulers, rubbers and book marks with the message Play Safe – Stay Safe.
Headteacher Annie Catlin said: 'We are all so excited about the building works. 'The children have delighted in watching their new playground being built.
'All children have been involved in topic work on builders and buildings and hitherto reluctant writers have put pen to paper with enthusiasm.'
You may also want to watch:
'The Farrans team have been very supportive of the children's learning and Safety Sam really got the message home that building sites are dangerous and not to be entered.
'Although we will miss the builders when they go, we are really looking forward to having the Sure Start Children's Centre on site, a vital role in serving the community.'
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region