Safety Sam visits Wymondham school
PUPILS at Ashleigh Infant School in Wymondham were visited by Safety Sam last week, who spoke to children and parents about how to stay safe on building sites.
The visit comes as Farrans (Construction) Limited are at the school relocating the playground to the back of the school, extending the car park and building a Phase 3 Sure Start Children's Centre.
Safety Sam was flown in from Ireland on Wednesday and children were shown a DVD and were given pencils, rulers, rubbers and book marks with the message Play Safe – Stay Safe.
Headteacher Annie Catlin said: 'We are all so excited about the building works. 'The children have delighted in watching their new playground being built.
'All children have been involved in topic work on builders and buildings and hitherto reluctant writers have put pen to paper with enthusiasm.'
You may also want to watch:
'The Farrans team have been very supportive of the children's learning and Safety Sam really got the message home that building sites are dangerous and not to be entered.
'Although we will miss the builders when they go, we are really looking forward to having the Sure Start Children's Centre on site, a vital role in serving the community.'
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road