Safety Sam visits Wymondham school
PUPILS at Ashleigh Infant School in Wymondham were visited by Safety Sam last week, who spoke to children and parents about how to stay safe on building sites.
The visit comes as Farrans (Construction) Limited are at the school relocating the playground to the back of the school, extending the car park and building a Phase 3 Sure Start Children's Centre.
Safety Sam was flown in from Ireland on Wednesday and children were shown a DVD and were given pencils, rulers, rubbers and book marks with the message Play Safe – Stay Safe.
Headteacher Annie Catlin said: 'We are all so excited about the building works. 'The children have delighted in watching their new playground being built.
'All children have been involved in topic work on builders and buildings and hitherto reluctant writers have put pen to paper with enthusiasm.'
You may also want to watch:
'The Farrans team have been very supportive of the children's learning and Safety Sam really got the message home that building sites are dangerous and not to be entered.
'Although we will miss the builders when they go, we are really looking forward to having the Sure Start Children's Centre on site, a vital role in serving the community.'
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 4 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 8 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 9 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show