Road works cause closures and re-routing of traffic in Wymondham
- Credit: Norfolk County Council
Road works will begin in Wymondham on Tuesday August 15 causing closure of roads and re-routing of traffic.
Market Street to the roundabout at Briton Way will close from 8am until 4.30pm as repairs are carried out.
And on August 21 resurfacing of the carriageway will begin followed by lines being painted on the road.
The diversion route for the works is as follows: C701 Whitehorse Street, B1172 London Road / Harts Farm Road, B1135 Tuttles Lane East / West, C169 Melton Road, C700 Cock Street, Town Green and Middleton Street.
Norfolk County Council has requested residents to make arrangements for their vehicles to be parked at an alternative location during the closure periods.
This will assist in ensuring the works are completed efficiently with minimal disruption.
The County Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.
- 1 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 2 Recessions, a fire and a pandemic: Landlords look back on 20 years at pub
- 3 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 4 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 5 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 6 Church with planning permission for home conversion up for auction
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 10 A11 bus service diverted as ongoing roadworks cause severe delays
The work will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors.