Road works cause closures and re-routing of traffic in Wymondham
- Credit: Norfolk County Council
Road works will begin in Wymondham on Tuesday August 15 causing closure of roads and re-routing of traffic.
Market Street to the roundabout at Briton Way will close from 8am until 4.30pm as repairs are carried out.
And on August 21 resurfacing of the carriageway will begin followed by lines being painted on the road.
The diversion route for the works is as follows: C701 Whitehorse Street, B1172 London Road / Harts Farm Road, B1135 Tuttles Lane East / West, C169 Melton Road, C700 Cock Street, Town Green and Middleton Street.
Norfolk County Council has requested residents to make arrangements for their vehicles to be parked at an alternative location during the closure periods.
You may also want to watch:
This will assist in ensuring the works are completed efficiently with minimal disruption.
The County Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
The work will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors.