Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- Credit: Inspiration Trust
A Norfolk teenager has been offered a guaranteed spot at one of the UK's most prestigious music schools.
Year 11 student Rhiannon Roberts, who goes to Hethersett Academy, has been given an unconditional place at Chetham's School of Music in Manchester after completing a series of tough video auditions.
Singer Rhiannon will follow in the footsteps of another Hethersett alumnus, cellist Amanda Gomez, who was also offered a spot at Chetham's.
She said: "I was handed the confirmation letter while out for a meal with the family on Christmas Eve, and was in total shock that Chetham’s had accepted me.
"Having gone through three auditions which involved aural tests, having to send four videos singing different genres and being asked lots of questions, they gave no indication if they were going to accept me.
You may also want to watch:
"I am really looking forward to joining the vocal department and doing my music, drama and theatre A-levels at such a prestigious music school."
- 1 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 2 Town verge set to be transformed into car dealership
- 3 All the major 2021 Norfolk events scheduled to go ahead
- 4 Emergency services called after car overturns in road crash
- 5 Town's new deputy mayor elected after tight vote
- 6 From Las Vegas to Hethersett – gin distillery set to expand
- 7 Hopes Covid-19 home working could help plug firefighter gaps
- 8 ‘How could this happen?’ Daughter finds mum with fractures in support home
- 9 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 10 Drivers warned as big boats and gas vessel escorted through Norfolk