Red carpet role for Wymondham teenagers
Budding young film makers are being urged to get behind and submit their contributions for Wymondham's first film festival.The festival, which will take place in November, is being devised and organised by young people in the area.
Budding young film makers are being urged to get behind and submit their contributions for Wymondham's first film festival.
The festival, which will take place in November, is being devised and organised by young people in the area.
Preparations for the event continued on Tuesday with a private screening at Wymondham High School of 3005, a film by Robert Kett Junior School pupils.
Students worked alongside professionals to make the futuristic thriller, which was supported by the Lottery and the UK Film Council's First Light initiative.
You may also want to watch:
Audiences will get the opportunity to see the short film when the Wymondham Film Festival begins.
Local charity Creative Arts East is supporting youngsters by helping them to stage community film making workshops and to run an open call for submissions from other Norfolk based groups.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
Officials are also looking for young people to volunteer to organise the festival and a film making workshop will take place on August 19 at Fairland Hall, Wymondham, for youngsters aged between 16 and 25.
Creative Arts East is looking for further contributions of short stories that celebrate Norfolk life. The deadline for submissions is September 30
For more information, contact Elly Wilson on 01953 713395 or email email@example.com