Rare chance to visit Wymondham Abbey Meadows
Members of the public are being given a rare chance to visit the Abbey Meadows in Wymondham next week.The site is usually closed to the public, but will open for one day on Thursday, September 10 to allow people to view the Abbey and its ruins.
Members of the public are being given a rare chance to visit the Abbey Meadows in Wymondham next month.
The site is usually closed to the public, but will open for one day on Saturday, October 10 to allow people to view the Abbey and its ruins.
A guide from Norfolk Landscape Archaeology will be giving tours beginning at 10.30am, 11.30am and 12.30pm and the site itself will be open from 10am to 2pm.
Historical information about the ruins will also be available to view during the open day.
You may also want to watch:
Food and drink will be available in the Abbey Hall, where the Abbey Autumn Bazaar will take place between 10am and midday.
Entry is free, although children must be accompanied by an adult for the meadows open day.
- 1 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 2 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 3 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 6 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 8 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 9 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 10 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison