Rare chance to visit Wymondham Abbey Meadows
Members of the public are being given a rare chance to visit the Abbey Meadows in Wymondham next week.The site is usually closed to the public, but will open for one day on Thursday, September 10 to allow people to view the Abbey and its ruins.
Members of the public are being given a rare chance to visit the Abbey Meadows in Wymondham next month.
The site is usually closed to the public, but will open for one day on Saturday, October 10 to allow people to view the Abbey and its ruins.
A guide from Norfolk Landscape Archaeology will be giving tours beginning at 10.30am, 11.30am and 12.30pm and the site itself will be open from 10am to 2pm.
Historical information about the ruins will also be available to view during the open day.
You may also want to watch:
Food and drink will be available in the Abbey Hall, where the Abbey Autumn Bazaar will take place between 10am and midday.
Entry is free, although children must be accompanied by an adult for the meadows open day.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown