Rare chance to visit Wymondham Abbey Meadows
Members of the public are being given a rare chance to visit the Abbey Meadows in Wymondham next week.The site is usually closed to the public, but will open for one day on Thursday, September 10 to allow people to view the Abbey and its ruins.
Members of the public are being given a rare chance to visit the Abbey Meadows in Wymondham next month.
The site is usually closed to the public, but will open for one day on Saturday, October 10 to allow people to view the Abbey and its ruins.
A guide from Norfolk Landscape Archaeology will be giving tours beginning at 10.30am, 11.30am and 12.30pm and the site itself will be open from 10am to 2pm.
Historical information about the ruins will also be available to view during the open day.
Food and drink will be available in the Abbey Hall, where the Abbey Autumn Bazaar will take place between 10am and midday.
Entry is free, although children must be accompanied by an adult for the meadows open day.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 4 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 6 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 7 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 8 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash