Queen's Award for Attleborough firm
A Norfolk online company is celebrating the news that it is to receive a coveted Queen's Award for Innovation.Attleborough-based liftshare.com Ltd has helped save UK motorists 50 million car miles through its on-line journey matching software.
A Norfolk online company is celebrating the news that it is to receive a coveted Queen's Award for Innovation.
Attleborough-based liftshare.com Ltd has helped save UK motorists 50 million car miles through its on-line journey matching software.
Now in its 10th year, liftshare started from the humble beginnings of a student notice board and was the vision of Norfolk entrepreneur Ali Clabburn.
Today over 220,000 people have registered with the liftshare network and more than 1,000 local authorities, businesses, universities, hospitals, festivals and other community groups have worked with liftshare to establish their own car share schemes.
You may also want to watch:
A typical member saves themselves around £1,000 and 1 tonne of CO2 per year by sharing their daily journeys.
Liftshare's founder and managing director, Mr Clabburn said: “Sustainable innovation is what liftshare is all about and a Queen's Award really encapsulates what we are trying to achieve - our high standards and the effectiveness of our journey matching software has earned us a reputation as car share pioneers not only within the UK but globally. Every week we are typically setting up three more companies with liftshare's schemes. The Queen's Award will give us a massive boost in building our reputation both at home and abroad.”
- 1 Primary pupils thrilled by book donation
- 2 Cattle farmers and butchers create super-local food chain
- 3 Cyclists set for 112-mile night ride in aid of 'always happy' Olivia, 7
- 4 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 5 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 6 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen
- 7 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould