Pupils 'brilliant' at Attleborough prom
Year 11 Attleborough High School students surpassed themselves at their summer leavers' prom. The immaculately turned out students were adorned in a stunning array of evening wear.
Year 11 Attleborough High School students surpassed themselves at their summer leavers' prom.
The immaculately turned out students were adorned in a stunning array of evening wear. As in previous years, there was a wide range of transport that students had arranged for their red carpet arrival at the school. A large crowd, made up of staff, students, parents and members of the local community gathered to greet the arrivals.
A vintage bus won the best method of transport award later in the evening, from a diverse selection including a horse-drawn carriage, limousines and beautiful vintage and sports cars.
During the evening the Year 11 students and staff enjoyed a buffet supper, prepared by Susie Clarke, and a disco. This was followed by an awards ceremony naming Prom King and Queen - Georgie Edwards and Alex Guinness - and with prizes in a variety of categories, including the best-dressed, and the girl and boy most likely to achieve future success.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Lund, head of house at the school, said: “The students were brilliant. They make an incredible effort to arrive in amazing vehicles, they look beautiful and we are really proud of how they behave.
“It is such an enjoyable occasion for everyone involved.”
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 7 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'