Town verge set to be transformed into car dealership
- Credit: Google
A grassy area close to the Morrisons supermarket in Wymondham could be turned into a car dealership after a proposal was submitted to South Norfolk District Council.
The land where the B1172 Harts Farm Road meets Postmill Close used to be the site of a fuel station and used car dealership, but was sold to developers more than 15 years ago.
Now, the Norwich-based Amari Group wants to create a new dealership there on land next to Wymondham Medical Centre.
If approved, a small sales office will be constructed along with an external gravel display apron.
At a meeting of Wymondham Town Council's planning committee on March 2, all members recommended approval of the plan.
You may also want to watch:
Suzanne Nuri-Nixon voiced a concern over increased traffic, but added: "I can't think of a reason to refuse it."
Chair Peter Broome said the proposal was "in keeping" as "it is an industrial area".
- 1 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 2 Town's hair salon set to reopen under new name and owner on April 12
- 3 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 4 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12
- 5 How taking an alpaca for a walk became a staycation trend
- 6 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 7 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 8 Disruption begins as roundabout work completed
- 9 Being back at school is gift - Norfolk teen reveals lockdown woes
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
SNDC will deal with the application in due course.