Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- Credit: David Powles
There was tea-time drama in south Norfolk on Thursday night as a police plane circled several villages to help find a 'high-risk missing person'.
The National Police Air Service aircraft was seen circling above Bawburgh, Little Melton and Hethersett from around 5pm on Thursday, February 25.
One eyewitness from Hethersett, who wished to remain anonymous, said he saw the aircraft from the A47 while returning from work at around 6pm and said it had been circling over Crusaders Rugby Club on Little Melton Road, Beckhithe, near Hethersett, for around 45 minutes.
He added it had since returned to base, according to the Flightradar24 website.
The eyewitness said he also saw around six police cars, a police dog vehicle, ambulance and ambulance car in the rugby club car park near Little Melton Food Park on Little Melton Road, Little Melton, around 6.30pm.
A representative from the rugby club confirmed emergency service vehicles were parked on the club car park and arrived on February 25 but said the incident was unrelated to the Crusaders.
Norfolk Police confirmed the matter had been resolved.
- 1 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 2 Town's hair salon set to reopen under new name and owner on April 12
- 3 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 4 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12
- 5 How taking an alpaca for a walk became a staycation trend
- 6 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 7 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 8 Being back at school is gift - Norfolk teen reveals lockdown woes
- 9 Disruption begins as roundabout work completed
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney