Old Buckenham is ready to host annual cycle festival
- Credit: Archant
Cycling is set to return to Old Buckenham as the village plans to host its second annual cycling festival.
The two-day event follows on from last year's inaugural festival, which coincided with the Tour of Britain cycle race which passed through the village.
Stephen Rumbelow, who is helping to publicise the festival, said this year's event should be 'bigger and better' with something to offer for everyone.
He said: 'Last year the festival went really well and about 3,000 people attended, so we were keen to do it again.
'There's a really high level of enthusiasm for cycling in Old Buckenham and we are really looking forward to it.'
The festival will open on Saturday, September 3, and will feature closed-circuit 'crit' racing around the village green, and will form part of the Eastern Road Race League Criterium Championships.
Sunday, September 4 will have a vintage theme and the main event will be 50-mile and 25-mile cycling courses around the countryside.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
- 3 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 4 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 5 Pick your own beautiful bouquets in country park's new garden
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 'It's frustrating' - Vandals damage medieval church's stained glass windows
- 8 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
- 9 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway
- 10 Everything's coming up roses at garden centre's annual festival
Participants will be encouraged to dress up in vintage clothes and ride vintage bikes for the event, which is part of a Ford Anglia Series.
Mr Rumbelow said: 'We'll also try to have some more things going on that reflect the vintage theme, for example Morris dancers and so on.'
The festival will also feature live music, arts and craft stalls, food stands, fun fair rides and a beer festival.
For more information visit obcycling.org
Have you got an Old Buckenham story? Email reporter Stuart Anderson at email@example.com or call him on 07584 311481.