Old Buckenham Airshow 2017 ticket sales rocket sky high
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
It's less than two weeks to go to the Old Buckenham Airshow - and ticket sales have rocketed sky high.
The popular event has doubled its advanced ticket sales from last year's show and its organisers are hoping for another record two days for the 2017 event.
This year SaxonAir will be offering helicopter pleasure flights in its state-of-the-art EC120 helicopter.
And visitors to the show will be able to experience the VIP rides and get a taste of how the other half live as they take to the skies.
This year's air antics will include the tiny Piper Club trying to land on a trailer and an air display by the 25 tonne Flying Fortress, Sally B.
You may also want to watch:
The show will also feature the sought-after trinity of Second World War fighters - Mustang, Spitfire and Hurricane.
And it is the only air display in Norfolk with Warbirds on its list for 2017.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
Matt Wilkins, airshow organiser said: 'We're delighted to finally be working with SaxonAir - unquestionably the very best executive aviation operator in the county.
'The considerable upgrade of helicopter, without impacting ticket prices, is another boost for showgoers.
'Facilities for families have been improved and increased, while kids under-12 still go free.
'On the ground there is an amazing array of things to see and do. This year we even have a jewellery workshop.
'We're busy putting the finishing touches to the airshow and are buoyed by the incredible new level of advanced ticket sales already set.'
A rare new addition to the line-up has been announced and is sure to be a treat for aircraft enthusiasts.
The much-loved P-51 Mustang - known as The Shark - will be flying above the South Norfolk skies on both days this summer.
Another aviation icon will be making a welcome return to the airshow - respected and experienced pilot Rod Dean.
Mr Dean spent 21 years in the RAF and became an expert in an array of fighter and bomber jets.
For more information about tickets, visit the show's website