Old Buckenham Airshow 2017 ticket sales rocket sky high
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
It's less than two weeks to go to the Old Buckenham Airshow - and ticket sales have rocketed sky high.
The popular event has doubled its advanced ticket sales from last year's show and its organisers are hoping for another record two days for the 2017 event.
This year SaxonAir will be offering helicopter pleasure flights in its state-of-the-art EC120 helicopter.
And visitors to the show will be able to experience the VIP rides and get a taste of how the other half live as they take to the skies.
This year's air antics will include the tiny Piper Club trying to land on a trailer and an air display by the 25 tonne Flying Fortress, Sally B.
You may also want to watch:
The show will also feature the sought-after trinity of Second World War fighters - Mustang, Spitfire and Hurricane.
And it is the only air display in Norfolk with Warbirds on its list for 2017.
- 1 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 2 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 3 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 4 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 5 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Festive lights show at popular garden centre
- 8 Volunteers plant 1,000 trees at natural beauty spot
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
Matt Wilkins, airshow organiser said: 'We're delighted to finally be working with SaxonAir - unquestionably the very best executive aviation operator in the county.
'The considerable upgrade of helicopter, without impacting ticket prices, is another boost for showgoers.
'Facilities for families have been improved and increased, while kids under-12 still go free.
'On the ground there is an amazing array of things to see and do. This year we even have a jewellery workshop.
'We're busy putting the finishing touches to the airshow and are buoyed by the incredible new level of advanced ticket sales already set.'
A rare new addition to the line-up has been announced and is sure to be a treat for aircraft enthusiasts.
The much-loved P-51 Mustang - known as The Shark - will be flying above the South Norfolk skies on both days this summer.
Another aviation icon will be making a welcome return to the airshow - respected and experienced pilot Rod Dean.
Mr Dean spent 21 years in the RAF and became an expert in an array of fighter and bomber jets.
For more information about tickets, visit the show's website