Train disruption after skip lorry gets stuck under bridge
- Credit: Archant
Train passengers are facing disruption after an accident that saw a skip truck strike a railway bridge.
The Norwich to Cambridge services have been affected on Tuesdsay after the truck got stuck under a bridge in the Queen Adelaide area, between Shippea Hill and Ely.
A train that had been due to depart from Norwich at 5.27pm, stopping at Wymondham,, Attleborough and Theftord, had to be cancelled.
Greater Anglia said more services running through the two stations in Cambridgeshire may be cancelled, delayed or revised.
The 6.27pm Norwich to Cambridge train terminated at Thetford and did not call at Brandon, Ely, Cambridge North and Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is continue until at least 9pm.
The 8.20pm Cambridge to Norwich train has also had to be cancelled.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 4 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 5 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 6 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 7 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night
Earlier the 3.27pm Norwich to Stansted Airport service was delayed, while the 3.37pm Stansted Airport to Norwich terminated at Ely.