Former factory site to become a new church
- Credit: Christ Community Church
A village church in Norfolk is set to purchase a new base for the community.
Christ Community Church in Attleborough will acquire the old Hamilton Brush Factory on Halford Road which has been left derelict since the factory moved out in 2017.
The church aims to renovate the existing factory site for church and community use but, due to the size of the project, it is expected that the redevelopment will be completed in stages and take some time.
Rob Tervet, church leader, said: "I love being part of this community and like many local people, we feel we could do with a lot more community space and facilities that support our young people, families and those who may be vulnerable and isolated.
"We’re excited at this opportunity to play our part in making a positive difference."
Christ Community Church consists of around 160 people and has worked alongside The Lighthouse Charity since 2007, playing a valued role in the community of Attleborough and its surrounding villages.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 Two men suffer life-changing injuries in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 Air ambulance called to crash at Old Buckenham
- 5 Award-winning Norfolk historian shares images of historic market town
- 6 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 10 How Attleborough's 4,000 homes scheme is being speeded up