Financial boost for cricket base after accountancy firm sponsors club
- Credit: SENT IN BY ANDY NEWMAN ASSOCIATES
A cricket club supported by volunteers has received a financial boost.
Ketteringham Hall Cricket Club, between Norwich and Wymondham, has a new sponsor - accountancy firm Lovewell Blake.
The sports club was formed in the 1990s.
In the early 2000s a new pitch was created out of an overgrown field in the grounds of Ketteringham Hall, thanks to volunteers.
The first game on the new pitch was played in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Announcing the sponsorship, Lovewell Blake partner Simon Watson said: 'We are delighted to be supporting the club, which is part of our wider support for the game.'
Club member Ben Gibbins, who works at Lovewell Blake, said: 'Our cricket club relies on the hard work and dedication of our members and other volunteers, and this sponsorship will help ensure the longevity of the club and allow us to continue work on improving the quality of the pitch.'
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history