New look today for old Woolies store
The former Woolworths store in Wymondham will have a new look today when it reopens as a Co-operative supermarket.Local schoolchildren are set to perform the ribbon cutting duties following the �600,000 refit of the Market Place shop, which has secured 20 jobs and created a further 25.
The former Woolworths store in Wymondham will have a new look today when it reopens as a Co-operative supermarket.
Local schoolchildren are set to perform the ribbon cutting duties following the �600,000 refit of the Market Place shop, which has secured 20 jobs and created a further 25.
The opening of the supermarket at the former Woolies will result in the closure of the nearby Somerfield store, which was acquired by the Co-operative Group earlier this year.
Pupils from Browick Road Infant School, in Wymondham, were due to formally open the 5,000sqft Co-op this morning and will be presented with a donation of �200.
You may also want to watch:
'As a community retailer it is appropriate that we involve the community in our special events and we are delighted our local school is playing a central role in the launch celebrations,' said store manager Mike Read.
'We are proud to serve the local community and can now provide a much enhanced service. I am sure customers will be delighted with our new showpiece store and will welcome the changes and the benefits shopping at the Co-operative brings, including our ethical trading policies which underpin our product ranges, thousands of price reductions on key lines across the store and our cash back dividend scheme.'
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
The opening is the latest investment by the Co-operative Group, which bought the Somerfield chain in February for �1.5bn, and has 5,300 outlets in the UK.
The food chain aims to let out the redundant Somerfield store in Market Street.
The Wymondham Co-op will be open from 7am to 10pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 5pm on Sundays.