New look today for old Woolies store
The former Woolworths store in Wymondham will have a new look today when it reopens as a Co-operative supermarket.Local schoolchildren are set to perform the ribbon cutting duties following the �600,000 refit of the Market Place shop, which has secured 20 jobs and created a further 25.
The former Woolworths store in Wymondham will have a new look today when it reopens as a Co-operative supermarket.
Local schoolchildren are set to perform the ribbon cutting duties following the �600,000 refit of the Market Place shop, which has secured 20 jobs and created a further 25.
The opening of the supermarket at the former Woolies will result in the closure of the nearby Somerfield store, which was acquired by the Co-operative Group earlier this year.
Pupils from Browick Road Infant School, in Wymondham, were due to formally open the 5,000sqft Co-op this morning and will be presented with a donation of �200.
'As a community retailer it is appropriate that we involve the community in our special events and we are delighted our local school is playing a central role in the launch celebrations,' said store manager Mike Read.
'We are proud to serve the local community and can now provide a much enhanced service. I am sure customers will be delighted with our new showpiece store and will welcome the changes and the benefits shopping at the Co-operative brings, including our ethical trading policies which underpin our product ranges, thousands of price reductions on key lines across the store and our cash back dividend scheme.'
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 3 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 8 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
The opening is the latest investment by the Co-operative Group, which bought the Somerfield chain in February for �1.5bn, and has 5,300 outlets in the UK.
The food chain aims to let out the redundant Somerfield store in Market Street.
The Wymondham Co-op will be open from 7am to 10pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 5pm on Sundays.