New look today for old Woolies store
The former Woolworths store in Wymondham will have a new look today when it reopens as a Co-operative supermarket.Local schoolchildren are set to perform the ribbon cutting duties following the �600,000 refit of the Market Place shop, which has secured 20 jobs and created a further 25.
The former Woolworths store in Wymondham will have a new look today when it reopens as a Co-operative supermarket.
Local schoolchildren are set to perform the ribbon cutting duties following the �600,000 refit of the Market Place shop, which has secured 20 jobs and created a further 25.
The opening of the supermarket at the former Woolies will result in the closure of the nearby Somerfield store, which was acquired by the Co-operative Group earlier this year.
Pupils from Browick Road Infant School, in Wymondham, were due to formally open the 5,000sqft Co-op this morning and will be presented with a donation of �200.
You may also want to watch:
'As a community retailer it is appropriate that we involve the community in our special events and we are delighted our local school is playing a central role in the launch celebrations,' said store manager Mike Read.
'We are proud to serve the local community and can now provide a much enhanced service. I am sure customers will be delighted with our new showpiece store and will welcome the changes and the benefits shopping at the Co-operative brings, including our ethical trading policies which underpin our product ranges, thousands of price reductions on key lines across the store and our cash back dividend scheme.'
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
The opening is the latest investment by the Co-operative Group, which bought the Somerfield chain in February for �1.5bn, and has 5,300 outlets in the UK.
The food chain aims to let out the redundant Somerfield store in Market Street.
The Wymondham Co-op will be open from 7am to 10pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 5pm on Sundays.