New look today for old Woolies store
The former Woolworths store in Wymondham will have a new look today when it reopens as a Co-operative supermarket.Local schoolchildren are set to perform the ribbon cutting duties following the �600,000 refit of the Market Place shop, which has secured 20 jobs and created a further 25.
The former Woolworths store in Wymondham will have a new look today when it reopens as a Co-operative supermarket.
Local schoolchildren are set to perform the ribbon cutting duties following the �600,000 refit of the Market Place shop, which has secured 20 jobs and created a further 25.
The opening of the supermarket at the former Woolies will result in the closure of the nearby Somerfield store, which was acquired by the Co-operative Group earlier this year.
Pupils from Browick Road Infant School, in Wymondham, were due to formally open the 5,000sqft Co-op this morning and will be presented with a donation of �200.
You may also want to watch:
'As a community retailer it is appropriate that we involve the community in our special events and we are delighted our local school is playing a central role in the launch celebrations,' said store manager Mike Read.
'We are proud to serve the local community and can now provide a much enhanced service. I am sure customers will be delighted with our new showpiece store and will welcome the changes and the benefits shopping at the Co-operative brings, including our ethical trading policies which underpin our product ranges, thousands of price reductions on key lines across the store and our cash back dividend scheme.'
- 1 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours
- 2 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
- 3 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 4 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 5 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 6 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 9 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 10 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
The opening is the latest investment by the Co-operative Group, which bought the Somerfield chain in February for �1.5bn, and has 5,300 outlets in the UK.
The food chain aims to let out the redundant Somerfield store in Market Street.
The Wymondham Co-op will be open from 7am to 10pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 5pm on Sundays.